You’ll find your home with us. In the residence halls, at the student recreation center, at concerts, comedians, or football games, you’ll find your friends here. Friends you feel you’ve known your whole life and friends that challenge the way you see the world. You’ll discover new things about yourself and you’ll have great company along that journey.
One way you can find a niche within a group of students who have similar academic pursuits or similar interests is by living in one of our Living Learning Communities (LLCs). The LLCs are designated areas within the residence halls. The LLCs we provide include Future Teachers Living Learning Community, Pre-Med Living Learning Community, Romance Languages Community, Service Learning Community, Sustainability Living Learning Community, and Transitions Living Learning Community.
The Truman Bulldogs football program represents Truman State University in college football and competes in the Division II level of the National Collegiate Athletics Association.
Men’s Teams: Baseball, Basketball, Cross County, Football, Soccer, Swimming, Track & Field
Women’s Teams: Basketball, Cross County, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball
- Campus Dining: If you want variety, you will find it at Mainstreet Food Court in the Student Union Building and all-you-care-to-eat buffets in the dining rooms located in three of the residence halls — Centennial Hall, Missouri Hall and Ryle Hall. Meals plans for the residence hall cafeterias are also available to students who do not live in a residence hall.
- Coffee Shops: Enjoy your favorite hand-crafted hot and cold beverages plus snacks at Starbucks located on the first floor in Pickler Memorial Library. Or if you are in the Student Union Building and walk by Jazzman’s Brew & Bakery, you can’t help but enjoy the smell of fresh-brewed coffee.
- Food on the Go: When you need food served extra-quick, stop by Zime in the Student Union Building.
- Convenience Stores: Pick up some little extras and great munchies at the convenience stores located in two of the University’s residence halls — Dobson Hall and West Campus Suites.
We offer confidential counseling services—individual, relationship, and group—for students who are having personal problems they’d like to discuss with someone.
Active bodies lead to engaged minds, and that’s why Truman offers such robust fitness and recreation activities and programming, including aerobics classes, intramural sports, outdoor adventures, workshops, and more. Our workout facilities in the Student Recreation Center has a weight room, treadmills, multiple gymnasiums, and cardio equipment.
Our Student Health Center keeps you healthy—or gets you back on the road to recovery when you need it. Our nurses and collaborating physician treat acute illnesses and minor injuries, give immunizations, educate patients, and provide reproductive health services, among other things.
Truman’s campus and its surrounding town of Kirksville are both safe and secure places to live, work, and play. To make sure everything keeps running smoothly, we have our own full-service police department that patrols campus 24 hours a day, provides educational materials on crime and safety awareness, gives self-defense training, and maintains the security of our residence halls. In the event of an emergency, we also employ TruAlert, a text emergency-response system that keeps members of the Truman community informed.
Your future matters to us. We know it matters even more to you. It’s time to make a wise investment of your money and time in an education that will propel you further. We don’t want debt to be a roadblock for our graduates and prioritize an affordable education that will set you up for the job — or graduate school or city or volunteer corps or political office or start-up — of your dreams.
TruConnect by Truman is your guide to all things Truman.
TruConnect by Truman is for students who are interested in attending or have been admitted to Truman State University. Learn information on getting involved in campus life, paying for college, and exploring Kirksville. On TruConnect, you can watch videos from current students, contribute to forums, read articles about the topics important to you, and chat with an admission counselor.
College search from your couch. But don’t just believe what you read on the internet. Hear it from the experts. Learn about the Student Recreation Center from a person who works there. Learn about athletics from a person who is an actual athlete. You get the idea.
But don’t forget to come see us. With visit options every month of the year and most days of the week, we’ve got you covered. Whether it is an all-day Saturday Showcase or a one-on-one with your future faculty mentor, we invite you to spend time with us. And we’d love to meet you.
TruMerit Automatic Admission
If you’re eligible for our TruMerit Scholarship – determined by a combination of ACT/SAT score and GPA – or with at least a 27 ACT/1260 SAT and 2.5 GPA, you are automatically admitted to the University when you submit your application, transcript and verified test scores. To determine if you are eligible, see the TruMerit Scholarship charts or use our Net Price Calculator.
Apply by December 1 of your senior year to maximize your scholarship opportunities.
Don’t worry about a writing a bunch of essays or collecting letters of recommendation — our application is simple and is used for both admission and scholarships. To complete your application, send us the following:
* Do you qualify for TruMerit Automatic Admission? If yes, you’ll receive an admission essay waiver. Students outside of the stated academic parameters will benefit from Truman’s holistic review policy and are required to submit an admission essay. We recommend all students submit an essay and activities list to be included in competitive scholarship review.